- How do you manage the thousands of multiple-platform endpoints in your environment?
- Do you even know how many assets you have?
- Can you ensure that your servers and workstations have the latest software patches and are secure?
- How do you distribute new software packages to your endpoints?
- What if you could manage all of these things from a single server using a lightweight agent with a single security port?
IBM Endpoint Manager, built on BigFix® technology, provides a single console and lightweight agent solution for managing your endpoints. It combines endpoint and security management into a single solution. Using IBM Endpoint Manager, you can manage physical and virtual endpoints. Assets that you can manage include servers, desktops, notebooks, mobile devices, and specialized devices such as kiosks and ATMs. These assets can be located in virtually any location, from a server in the data center to a notebook at a coffee shop.
What you'll learn at this Proof of Technology:
This class provides an overview of the IBM Endpoint Manager solutions. After you complete this course, you'll be able to perform the following tasks:
- Discover assets, view inventory, and configure remote control
- Distribute and manage software and licenses
- Deploy a patch and track its status & success, resulting in potentially significant labor cost savings!
- Examine security configuration with reports and other information
- Create roles and assign rights on both Active Directory and LDAP servers
- Create and deploy automation plans
- Create, manage, and delete virtual machines
- Two dates and locations
- Columbus, OH Metro
- June 9th and 10th, 9:00am - 4:30pm (Both Days)
- IBM TEC Center @ 4600 Lakehurst Ct., Dublin, OH 43016
- (914) 499-1900
- Indianapolis, IN Metro
- June 11th and 12th, 9:00am - 4:30pm (Both Days)
- IBM TEC Center @ 8888 Keystone Xing, STE 925, Indy, IN 46240
- (914) 499-1900
- 8:30am Registration and continental breakfast
- 9:00am-4:30pm Sessions per the agenda below
- Day 1 - IBM Endpoint Manager for Operations/Security
- Welcome and Introduction
- Overview and Architecture, Lecture and Exercises
- Systems Lifecycle Management, Lecture and Exercises
- Patch Management, Lecture and Exercises
- Day 2 - IBM Endpoint Manager for Security/Server Automation
- Security & Compliance, Lecture and Exercises
- Server Automation, Lecture and Exercises
This session is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments including continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. However, participants are responsible for their own business travel expenses.
Who should attend?
This class is designed for IT administrators who are responsible for maintaining assets, providing security, keeping software current, and controlling IT power costs.
Seating is limited, so don't delay - we look forward to hosting you!
For the Columbus POT, click here.