July 22nd, 2015; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
IBM New York City Technical Exploration Center
63 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10016
(CBS Building, 28 East 28Th Street 8th Floor)
NOTE: Use the CBS entrance on 28th Street, 8th Floor
IBM Netcool Operations Insight V1.3 combines the market-leading real-time event consolidation and correlation capabilities of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus and the transformative power of IT operations analytics applied to all of the alerts and events managed by Netcool/OMNIbus. The
analytics capabilities can also be applied to data from other applications, including application and system logs, Windows event logs, support information, and other types of unstructured data. Netcool Operations Insight provides operations with context and insight that increases operational agility and
New event seasonality and related event analysis assists in detecting regularly occurring events and groups of events, enabling more proactive automation and resolution. Version 1.3 also provides real-time enrichment and sophisticated correlation to enable agile responses to alerts raised across disparate systems. Social media interactions help extend operational visibility to the business, providing dynamic incident and service information to key stake
holders through IBM Connections.
This class provides an overview of Netcool Operations Insight features and capabilities. After completing this course, you will understand the following:
- How to add customer-specific data to event records in order to manage infrastructure issues from a business perspective
- How to analyze unstructured data in various log formats to increase operational agility
- How to search real-time and historical events to improve operational efficiency
- Use of event seasonality analysis to discover events that occur in a non-random pattern over time
- Use of new Related Event Analytics capability – find and group related events with no coding required
IBM Netcool Operations Insight helps operation teams in business enterprises and service providers to understand:
- What is the status of my operation across all of my tools and domains?
- How can I quickly identify problems across my entire infrastructure, regardless of how they are monitored?
- What part of my infrastructure can be more efficient and less costly?
- How can I move beyond reactive problem remediation to identify reoccurring problems in order to become more efficient?
- Are there hard to detect problems that reoccur on a regular basis that are impacting my operations efficiency?
- Welcome and Introduction
- Lesson 1: Overview
- Lesson 2: Netcool/OMNIbus
- Lesson 3: Log analysis
- Lesson 4: Event analytics
- Lesson 5: Event seasonality
- Lesson 6: Event isolation and correlation
- Lesson 7: Related Events
This session is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments including continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Participants are responsible for their own business travel expenses.
For your convenience, registration and continental breakfast begin at 8:30 a.m. The session starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 3:00 p.m.
Contact me today for more information and to enroll.