IBM Endpoint Manager, built on BigFix® technology, provides a single console and lightweight agent solution for managing your endpoints. It combines endpoint and security management into a single solution. Using IBM Endpoint Manager, you can manage physical and virtual endpoints. Assets that you can manage include servers, desktops, notebooks, mobile devices, and specialized devices such as kiosks and Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). These assets can be located in virtually any location, from a server in the data center to a notebook at a coffee shop. With this unified endpoint management solution, you have a centralized view of your environment and increased control. As threats arise, IBM Endpoint Manager provides quick remediation and protection. You can report the health and status of thousands of endpoints in real-time.
What you'll learn
This class provides an overview of the IBM Endpoint Manager solutions. After you complete this course, you'll be able to perform the following tasks:
- Describe and navigate the IBM Endpoint Manager solutions and architecture, including Lifecycle Management, Security and Compliance, Patch Management, Power Management, Core Protection, Mobile Device Management and Server Automation
- Discover assets, view inventory, and configure remote control
- Distribute and manage software and licenses
- Deploy a patch and track its status & success, resulting in potentially significant labor cost savings!
- Examine security configuration with reports and other information
- Manage, create, and deploy policies and tools to prevent data loss
- Manage/reduce IT power consumption resulting in potentially significant energy cost savings!
- Create roles and assign rights on both Active Directory and LDAP servers
- Manage security for mobile devices
This class is designed for IT administrators who are responsible for maintaining assets, providing security, keeping software current, and controlling IT power costs.
Day 1 IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix for OPERATIONS
- Welcome and Introduction
- Overview and Architecture, Lecture and Exercises
- Systems Lifecycle Management, Lecture and Exercises
- Software Use Analysis, Lecture and Exercises
- IT Power Management, Lecture and Exercises
Day 2 IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix for SECURITY
- Core Protection, Lecture and Exercises
- Patch Management, Lecture and Exercises
- Security & Compliance, Lecture and Exercises
- Mobile Device Management & Security, Lecture and Exercises
This session is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments including continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. However, participants are responsible for their own business travel expenses.
SAVE YOUR SEAT AND REGISTER TODAY!
When and Where
Wednesday, July 31 and Thursday, August 1, 2013
4600 Lakehurst Court
Dublin, Ohio 43016
8:30am Registration and continental breakfast
9:00am-4:30pm Sessions per the agendas above
Seating is limited, so don't delay!
We look forward to hosting you!