The $25 plate manufacturing fee, payable to The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Fund, helps them support ground-breaking research through the Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute.
ABOUT THE JOAN GAETA LUNG CANCER FUND
The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Fund was created in the fall of 2007 as The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Foundation by her husband and children to raise awareness of the disease, to educate the public, and to be an advocate for research. They also strive to eliminate the stigma of lung cancer and to support survivors and their loved ones in their local community.
In July of 2010, they re-launched as The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Fund benefiting the Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute. Their ultimate goal remains the same: “to eradicate lung cancer.” By partnering with one significant research initiative, they can make a much greater impact in wiping out lung cancer.
|Tina Pink holds her Lung Cancer|
Awareness Plate - the first one of its kind
in the world to be registered.
The Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute (ALCMI) was established in 2008 as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization with the ultimate goal of significantly impacting survival by directly catalyzing and accelerating discovery of new and more effective treatment options for all lung cancer patients. Presently, ALCMI has 13 academic and community medical centers in the United States and Europe closely collaborating on cutting edge research initiatives.
ABOUT LUNG CANCER
- Even if you have never smoked, you can get lung cancer.
- 60% of new cases are now diagnosed in non-smokers and former smokers.
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of both men and women.
- Every three minutes, someone is diagnosed with the disease.
- It kills more people each year than breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, liver cancer, melanoma, and kidney cancer combined.
- It surpassed breast cancer of the #1 killer of women in 1987.
- The 5 year survival rate for lung cancer is still only 15% - the same as it was nearly 40 years ago.
- Learn more at http://www.NobodyDeservesIt.com