Fortunately, IBM has a solution to these issues. Built on the venerable BigFix platform which is used to manage millions of endpoint laptops, desktops and servers at thousands of organizations worldwide, IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices provides a single point of mobile device security management, using the same server and console that manages over 80 other platforms. IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices provides the following capabilities:
- Security configuration setting and enforcement across all device types and platforms
- Full and partial device wipe capabilities
- Jailbreak and root detection
- Blacklisted application detection
- Ability to disable certain device functions (such as e-mail access, camera, and encryption) based on policy (or if devices fall out of policy)
- Access via a variety of mechanisms including email (ActiveSync/Lotus Traveler), management APIs and native “micro agents”
Contact me at ibm.com/myrep/jagaeta to learn more.